The cannabis or hemp plant contains over 100 cannabinoids. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) are two of its most prominent cannabinoids. The market for CBD products has flourished in the past few years due to their increasing demand. More people are getting aware of their health benefits, resulting in a boom of CBD products like oils, capsules, and more.
CBD oils are still a preferred option over other products due to the purity of their form. All of them fall under one of these categories: Isolate CBD oil, broad-spectrum CBD oil, and full-spectrum CBD oil. This distinction depends on the ingredients in them and also the presence of THC.
- The isolate oil contains only CBD and no other cannabinoid
- Broad-spectrum oil contains CBD, flavonoids, terpenes, and other cannabinoids like cannabigerol (CBG), cannabichromene (CBC), and cannabinol (CBN). It has no THC.
- Full-spectrum CBD oil has all the ingredients, including flavonoids, cannabinoids, terpenes, but it contains THC.
So, THC-free CBD oil is basically isolated or broad-spectrum oil. However, broad-spectrum CBD oil is more popular due to the presence of flavonoids, terpenes, and other cannabinoids in it. These compounds improve the potential of CBD to treat stress, anxiety, chronic pain, seizures, etc.
How To Choose THC-Free Oil?
- Choose a company that provides a third-party lab report. The lab should be ISO compliant.
- Check the list of ingredients. And, see if it’s actually THC free or not. Also, look for ingredients that might trigger your allergies.
- Go for a product that is natural and is hemp based. It should have no harmful chemicals.
- Check company certifications, customer reviews, brand reputation.
- Look for a recent certificate of analysis (COA) to ensure that the ingredients are accurate and safe.
Benefits of THC-Free Oil:
CBD, along with terpenes found in THC-Free CBD oil, helps decrease anxiety and stress. As per a study in 2019, CBD has shown potential benefits in improving sleep and treating sleep disorders like insomnia. THC-Free oil is beneficial in improving mental health.
Research conducted by the European Journal of Pain 2015 revealed considerable positive effects of CBD in reducing knee-pain in rats. This study can help understand CBD benefits in reducing pain and inflammation in humans, too, as rats are genetically similar to humans.
A study in 2019 done by the International Association for the Study of Pain observed the effect of CBD on chronic pain conditions like fibromyalgia. It showed that cannabinoids have analgesic potential, and CBD oil is useful in treating pain.
THC-free CBD oil may help in treating acne. It helps suppress the growth of sebocytes, a cell that secretes sebum and is responsible for the development of pimples.
There is no fixed answer about the doses you should take as it depends on factors like the potency of CBD, the effect it has on you, your need, etc. A study has suggested that high doses of up to 1500 mg per day are safe for humans. But it would be best if you asked your doctor before taking it. Also, different oils have different potencies. So, you should start with small doses and see its effect on you. If you like, you can increase the dose after some time.