Everything comes with an expiry date and there’s an end to everything. The same works for the world of technology. While one gadget might seem the finest at that moment and be considered unsurpassable, there’ll come a phase when it’ll be of absolutely no use. When it comes to storage devices we’ve traversed a long, long way,from somewhere to somewhere else. From floppy discs to CD drives to pen drives, hard drives etc. Amongst the latter two the hard drive is of the largest capacity but then for how long?
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the soleleader in the world for storage devices, on April 14th 2015 launched the 960 GB KC310 SSD, the firm’s biggest business-class SSD venture. This freshly launched gadget enables users to store more data and applications and thus is an appropriate HDD replacement.
For entry-level servers and datacenter hosting companies vying for more storage, KC310 is the deal to go with. Controlled by a Phison S10 quad-core, eight-channel controller, the drive grants unsurpassed SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) performance delivering high read/write speeds and IOPS.The KC310 SSD is an input range for servers and data storage organizations looking more capacity without compromising on the performance. The drive delivers end-to-end data protection through Advanced SmartECC and Flash error code correction. Data can be rebuilt in the event ofoccurrence of an error allowing for extended NAND durability and reliability. Data integrity is maintained through the addition of firmware-based power loss protection as data is constantly moved to NAND to minimize the amount of time it stays in the cache.
Solid-state drives are the next stepping stones of PC storage and move in a more silent manner, swifter and cooler than the aging technology within hard drives. The new Kingston SSD is also more long lasting and more reliable than hard drives since it has no moving parts. This newly shipped solid state drive will not only breathe new life into older systems but also lead to increased performances. Choosing an SSD can save you from buying a new PC by restoring the system you already own.
Kingston Technology Company, the world’s biggest independent manufacturer of memory products proudly added this drive to its line of business SSDs, for users looking for or needing nearly 1TB in storage.
In addition to the KC310, for corporate customers with the requirement of client management software to manage and set security policies for its SSDs,there’s the KC300 series offered by Kingston. KC300 SSDs support TCG Opal version 2.0, IEEE 1667 and Microsoft eDrive, and also feature advanced power management and enterprise-grade S.M.A.R.T. attributes. KC300 SSDs make use of the award-winning SandForce® SF2281 Flash controller and range in storage capacity from 60GB to 480GB.KC310.
Listed below are some of the features of the KC310 SSD drive-
KC310 Features and Specifications:
- High Capacity:more space for the storage of applications and data
- High Performance:enables the purchaser to completely exploit the potential of their systems while also enhancing productivity
- End-to-end data protection: delivers smart data error correction for advanced data reliability
- Firmware-based power loss protection:allowsthe SSD to recover from unsafe power shutdown
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.:monitors the status of your drive
- Supports TRIM:maintains ultimate performance on operating systems that are compatible.
- Guaranteed:three-year warranty and free of cost technical support
- Form factor:5″
- Interface SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s):with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Controller:Phison 3110
- Sequential Read/Write2:SATA Rev. 3.0 – up to: 550/520MB/s
- Maximum 4k Read/Write2:Up to 99,000/89,000 IOPS
- Random 4k Read/Write2:Up to 96,000/88,000 IOPS
- PCMARK®Vantage HDD Suite Score: 80,700
- Enterprise S.M.A.R.T. Tools:reliability tracking, usage statistics, life remaining, wear leveling, temperature
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)3:681TB 0.66 DWPD4
- Power Consumption:54 W Idle / 0.67 W Avg / 1.66 W (MAX) Read / 3.26 W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature:-40°C~85°C
- Operating temperature:0°C~70°C
- Dimensions:9mm x 100.1mm x 7.0mm
- Vibration operating:17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating:20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- MTBF:1 million hours
- Warranty/support:3-year warranty with free technical support
1- A few of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other services and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual practical available capacity for data storage is less than what is mentioned on the products.
2- Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Rev. 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software, and usage. IOMETER Random 4k Random Read/Write is based on 8GB partition.
3- Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Client Workload (JESD219A).
5- Operating system software support: Windows® 7 (SP1), Windows Vista® (SP2), Windows XP (SP3)
|KC310 960GB SSD
|Capacity and Features
|960GB stand-alone drive
|960GB upgrade bundle kit
The KC310 960GB SSDs will be soon available in India at an approximate priceof Rs. 46,000 and will be supported by a warranty lasting for three years, free of cost technical support and of course the legendary Kingston reliability. If you’re someone looking for more storage, more memory, more of everything then, go catch ‘em!